Monday 10 July 2017

Happy 4th :) Let your light SHINE

Priviet!! ( Hi! ) 


So I had another sweet week here! Time is going by so fast though, I can't believe we're almost done this transfer... 

I hope y'all are having an awesome time eating poutine and rabbit pizza (nooo don't actually do it, not Benny!:0) at the good ol' Calgary Stampede!! This week we celebrated July 4th a little by wearing red white and blue and eating.. corn on the cob!! (YUM) - apparently Ukraine is the only European country that does that too! ( #blessed ) We also tried to make corn bread but it didn't turn out that good.. Thank goodness, it wasn't as hot this week!! It cooled down and is basically perfect now, rained a little - it's funny though cause Ukrainians seem to never be satisfied with the weather aha. And sometimes just a little rain keeps them from coming to church... but I still love it so much of course! It can be frustrating sometimes but it's also kinda funny.


Met some new friends this week. A girl from the English practice we subbed for who we've started teaching and also a girl we met on the street inviting to English class who's super nice. She came to our game night we have and after said to me " I just loved being here with all of you! I had such a good time" 

Also last night we made bubbles in the park again and I started talking with this older lady who was with a kid she nanny's for and she was super nice, we talked for a long time and she told Sister Spicer and I that when she saw us we had a light around us, that she didn't even need to talk to us to know that we were good people, she could just tell right away. And that it was so good to talk to us and that the elders were such wonderful boys too. She was just so amazed and happy to meet with us. So that was sweet! We're going to hopefully see her again this week, I want so bad to explain to her why we're so happy and that she can have that same light in her life, through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! Guys, people who are looking for light will notice the light of Christ within you when you are living your life striving to follow the teachings of Christ, so let your light shine! Matthew 5 :16

Heavenly Father is continuing to bless us here everyday because of our obedience and I'm so grateful! I'm also super thankful to be here among some of the coolest people I know, super blessed. 

Love you! Peace.

Cectpa Horne


 Remember that tree outside our window in the spring that was so pretty with flowers " Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" well now it has apricots! and we can just open the window and pick them whenever we want! It's amazing. I love Ukraine. there's fruit trees everywhere




Sunflowers


                          Sunday dinner



No comments:

Post a Comment