Monday 13 November 2017

Back with Savran for a day in Center!

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all doing well, and aren't too cold! I'm cold.. apparently I'm not much of a Canadian ahah cause I'm already wearing my winter jacket all the time and I'm pretty sure winter hasn't even begun yet! lol. Oh well. It does get hot in the metro though..

This week was good! Not too eventful. But on Tuesday we had exchanges with our STL's and guess who I was with? Sister Savran again! (we were comps for a few months in the spring if you don't remember ) and it was fun! The whole time we were thinking, who would have thought, we'd be back together, in the metro, in Kharkov! Center is really beautiful, it looks way more European then anywhere else I've been in Ukraine.

In the morning we planned to meet with three different people and like five with back up plans but.. they all fell through.  As we were leaving Sister Savran thought about this idea Pres. Sullivan told us about some sisters in Europe who creatively just gave people one page of the Book of Mormon, to get people to read it without having the hesitation people already have when they know that it's the Book of Mormon and have a note saying:" if you want to read the rest.. etc . So that's what we did basically! We cut one page out (ah felt wrong but was for a good cause ) highlighted our favorite verse or part on it. Then rolled it up and tied it with ribbon.

We actually gave quite a few away, And talked to a couple people.I felt I should talk to this one girl, turned out she didn't know Russian, she was from Israel but I asked if she would be interested in reading the book of Mormon in English and she said yes! so we got her number and hopefully the sisters in center gave her one already. That was really cool.

We went to a funeral on Saturday, sadly a member in our branch passed away from cancer. He was the father of this brother in our branch (awesome family) but it was really cool to hear the testimonies and thoughts of all those there and how they know they'll see him again so there's no reason to mourn. They're such huge examples to me. I never met him but I also have a testimony that death is not the end in God's eternal plan of happiness. What a blessing the knowledge of the gospel is!

Have a good week!

Cectpa Horne



P.S.  sorry no pics this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment