Monday 20 November 2017

Vereniki! Elder Martino! Happy Thanksgving!


Hey everyone!

So starting from last Monday night;  we went to this wonderful member family from Aleksevka branch's home for dinner...guess what I finally got to do?! We made homemade Vereniki (Perogies ) together!! It was so cool. Such a classic Ukrainian experience that I've always wanted and it was perfect! I only messed up a couple of times ahaha- it's hard to stuff a bunch of filling in there and then have the dough not stretch too much ). We had half with Tvarog (cottage cheese ) and half with cherry filling and they were SO good.They also fed us lots of other super delicious food and they are super nice.   ( I should actually say they just fed me cause Sister Dish can't actually eat at members homes cause of her special diet for her health ). They even gave us a pretty fancy apron to use while making the vereniki .. ( lol it was one of those ones with a body builder's body on it )

We had our zone conference this week and we have been very blessed to have a few general authorities come visit us in a short time and Elder Martino from the Europe east area presidency came. It was really good! It was probably one of my most favorite zone conferences yet because of how much I was learning the whole time and the spirit was super strong. One unfortunate thing though was I had to give a talk!! Ugh. ahah. All the missionaries were supposed to prepare a 4 minute talk on diligence and so I prepared one but I was hoping and praying that I wouldn't have to give it haha, well Heavenly Father does have a sense of humor and I was first to give it, and only one other Elder did as well. But I was thankful it was at the beginning so I didn't have to worry afterwards. I spoke about Mosiah 4:27 and related it to the story of the tortoise and the hare, cause that's what first came to mind when writing it. I was a part of a musical number which wasn't bad with the amount of practice we had all together. Sister Dish gave her final testimony which was really good and made me cry.
We also had a big Thanksgiving activity with all of Kharkov which was fun and cool. Sister Dish was assigned to make a wreath for it which ended up really good and I sang again.

Some classic Celine moments for ya:

It's raining pretty hard today. We wanted to go on our usual route right beside the street and I was like oh no we'll be splashed by the cars! But we decided to rough it anyway and I put my umbrella to the side to block the water from the cars and started running but then.. I biffed it in the mud. Hahaha it was pretty funny actually nothing too bad but don't run in the rain kids!

 Saw an old man on the street selling baby bunnies and almost DIED. Made my day they were so adorable and soft! I forgot what it was like to hold one!

Hope you have an amazing week everyone!

This is Sis Dish's last week! Time has gone by SO fast! it's crazy. Next week I'll know who I'll be with next! (maybe I'll even train :0 :) )

-Cectpa Horne


















No comments:

Post a Comment